Thursday, May 26, 2011

Indonesia - Day 26 - May 26, 2011

Day 26 - May 26
Location: Ubud, Bali to Singapore


Last day in Ubud. MJ and I are being picked up at 4:15 PM for our 8:00 PM flight to Singapore.


I saw everyone at breakfast and returned their emergency health forms and associated info. I sighed a sigh of relief last night when I was going through my paperwork and throwing out exchange stuff that I didn't need -- I could throw away all the forms and paperwork that has to be filed if you have an emergency. Thank goodness I didn't have any problems that would have required it.


Lots of people sick along the way, but no emergencies, broken bones, hospitalizations, etc. There were only a few of us that never had stomach problems and if you can believe it, I was one of the healthy ones!!!! I still have Singapore to go, so I'd best not talk too smart yet :)


There are a number of different airport  pick-up times today. Everyone is scattering. Dan is still not feeling well, but Elaine will be with him all the way to Orlando, so he's in good hands. Elaine has been so helpful on the whole exchange. She jumped right in and helped right from the get go.


After saying our good byes to those leaving before us, MJ and I moved some of our bags to the front desk and our carry-ons to a vacant room that we can use until our 4:00 pick up.



Heading up the hill, into Ubud.


We headed back into Ubud walking up the hill one last time. Stopped for a massage, did a little more shopping and then went back to Tjampuhan. We had a great lunch at the hotel with Bee and Phil. We had to eat at the hotel b/c we knew they took credit cards -- none of us had any Indonesian money left and we didn't want to get more and have leftover cash. It was a really good
meal, so it all worked out just fine.


I took a shower and did some last minute organizing/packing and we left Tjampuhan for the last time. Bye bye Tjampuhan -- it's been nice knowing you:)


One of the ponds at Tjampuhan Resort & Spa


One of the MANY paths and stone steps that wind throughout Tjampuhan.
Off to the airport for our 8:00 flight. We got into Singapore around 10:30 and we were to the hotel sometime around 11:30, though we didn't settle in until closer to 1:00 -- room keys didn't work, construction going on so it took a little longer to get where we needed to be, etc.


Two tired puppies.


Hello Singapore.


Mum/Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment